MSE IT Services are introducing a change freeze to its services. Due to limited physical access to MSE IT facilities, we need to preserve our infrastructure in a robust form. We are unable to add new hardware to expand capacity and have limited ability to perform anything other than critical maintenance and changes until further notice.
MSE IT Services can provide computing resourses for your class.
IT teaching resourses
We will help you with the IT resourses you need to teach. We can help in many ways. In the past this has included:
- subject specific servers like databases, web servers, application servers all configured for your students. Thngs we have done in the past include MySQL servers, OpenFoam servers, Maple TA and many more
- student home drives
- debugging lab issues
- Unix login servers
- provision of dedicated MSE teaching resources in Nectar and Spartan
- individual servers for student projects
- AWS integration
- support for teaching tools, eg Submit
- discussion with student groups
- purchase of software licenses for teaching
- help with your clever teaching ideas