Critical AirCon Issue in the MSE data centre.
UPDATE: 12:30pm Thursday 16th of January 2020
All servers within the MSE IT Data Center have been turned ON. Please report any issues through https://ithelp.eng.unimelb.edu.au/support/servicedesk/index.php
At ~2pm on the 15th January 2020 the MSE Data Centre lost power to the air conditioning units. MSE IT has been forced to perform an emergency shutdown/stop to all servers in the MSE DC.
MSE IT Services can provide computing resourses for your class.
IT teaching resourses
We will help you with the IT resourses you need to teach. We can help in many ways. In the past this has included:
- subject specific servers like databases, web servers, application servers all configured for your students. Thngs we have done in the past include MySQL servers, OpenFoam servers, Maple TA and many more
- student home drives
- debugging lab issues
- Unix login servers
- provision of dedicated MSE teaching resources in Nectar and Spartan
- individual servers for student projects
- AWS integration
- support for teaching tools, eg Submit
- discussion with student groups
- purchase of software licenses for teaching
- help with your clever teaching ideas